zondag 18 juni 2017

You are the best FATHER ever Layout for ***49 and Market*** and Playing at ***More Than Words*** & ***Mixed Media & Art***!

Hello lovelies, 
For today I am sharing another 12x12 layout but this time it´s a masculine one, I find making those very hard because I really like to use flowers on my work especially when they are from 49 and Market. When I saw this months challenge over at More Than Words "steampunk & father" I was sold and wanted to create a layout using a picture of my husband and son. For this layout I used three collections "Flower Fairies of Spring", "Vintage Artistry" and "Scents of Nature"and a whole bunch of chipboard pieces by The Dusty Attic and metal embellishments like gears, clocks and hearts.

Your are the best FATHER ever: 
I had so much fun creating this layout but it took me a long time to make it. Normally it takes me five hours to complete a layout this one took me eight I think it's because there is so much chipboard on it that I had to make steampunk and aged. The pictures are from about seven years ago taken on the beach in my country.


Up in the right corner I aged a prima rasin frame with the amazing new waxes by Finnabair oh boy how I love that stuff and it smells very good too. When I treated my gears corner I placed it on a blue colored sheet from the "Scents of Nature"collection because I wanted to add more color. When I think of steampunk I always think about the colors black, orange and brown but you can add all colors you prefer any color looks amazing on a steampunk layout.


I took out a whole bunch of metal embellishments that I all used on my work, at the end of my creating I added some micro beads and some prills. But before that I stamped on the edges of my layout to later on distress it. Two days ago I bought a whole bunch of new metal goodies for really cheap that I used it right away on my layout.


49 and Market products used: Flower fairies of spring: At the Quarry Sheet, Vintage Artistry: Tattered Sheet, Scents of Nature: Beauty Abound, Floral Mixology Mudslide / Ocean Breeze and Emerald Isle, Gabi's Grunge Texture Stamp Set, Gabi's Crackle Texture Stamp Set, Gabi's Patterned Texture Stamp Set.

Other products used: Dusty Attic chipboard, Stencils, Paste, Rust Paste, Lindy’s Stamps Gang sprays and embossing powders, Stamps, Mica Powders, Metallique wax, Antique wax, Clear gesso, Gesso black & white, Ink.

With this layout I will be entering this months challenge at the More Than Words blog, the challenge is all about Father & Steampunk. I find it hard to make layouts like this expecially when they are without flowers....so I did added flowers I just could not help myself *grin*. Let's have a look at their beautiful mood board: 
Also I will be entering this months challenge at the Mixed Media and Art blog where the also have an amazing mood board that is very similar to the mood board above with lots of yellow {but I did not use yellow sorry but I used the sketch in a different way. Let look at their challenge board: 
Thank you so much for your visit today I hope you enjoyed my post and are inspired by it to use your 49 and Market goodies… have a lovely day and weekend.

7 opmerkingen:

  1. Absolutely perfect for our challenge! Thank you for playing along with at at More Than Words!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Awesome take on this month's challenge Amy! Love it! All the best from MTW! :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Beautiful as always. (Pragtig Pragtig) Thank you so much for playing along with us at MTW Amy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Very Gorgeous as always!!! Thanks for joining us at More Than Words and Mixed Media & Art!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Stunning project wow wow wow Thanks for playing at mma challenge this month!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Absolutely stunning! what a gorgeous page, love that sweet photo...thanks for joining us at MM&A!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Lovley work and great take on the challenge at Mixed Media and Art!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen