donderdag 12 oktober 2023

Born to be a Mermaid Layout for ***Graphic 45***!!!

Hello lovely Friends, 
When the “Make a Splash” collection got introduced on the blog & on the socials I was in love in a heartbeat as was my daughter Abbey who wants to be a mermaid when she grows up. Purples & Teals are my favorite colors to scrap but really hard to photograph. For this layout I used two pictures of Abbey in a swimming pool in our back garden last summer. 


Born to be a Mermaid:


This layout was a copy of a layout that I created a couple years ago. The big “Mermaid” word was made with a very old alphabet tool named the colluzzle maybe some of you don’t even know it. {I am a huge fan of the old stuff} I also really love to use chipboard pieces and other mixed media related products on my layouts. 




How I made this layout, I took a sheet of the 12x12 collection and distressed the edges then I took a sheet of the solids and trimmed that one of about 1,5 cm then I made some big tearing pieces throughout that sheet after I did that I took out another piece of the solids and placed them behind the tearing pieces. 



After that I added a couple of stamps under which one designed by my all time favorite artist Gabrielle Pollacco {the water drops} and a splash stencil to fit my layout. I matted the photos with three layers and I placed some cheese cloth underneath them.



I also stitched around the edges of my photos and matted the phrases from the collection with a couple of layers. To finish off my layout I added some sequins and dark blue diamante gems.



In the end to soften up my layout and make it more whole I sprayed with some white ink and added some matte white wax to my flower clusters & chipboard pieces. 



Graphic 45 products used:
12x12 Make a Splash collection


Other products used: 
Ink, Waxes, Stencil, Flowers, Stamps, Chipboard, Colluzzle, Sequins 


I hope you enjoyed my post & layout as much as I love creating them.
Stay happy & creative, much 

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten